Our Physical Education department teaches, trains and motivates students to have wellness for a lifetime. Daily, meaningful physical activity and healthful behaviors are significant factors in the promotion of wellness.
Our physical education department offers the following courses:
- Foundations of Personal Fitness
- Individual Sports
- Team Sports
- Outdoor Education
Within each course, our curriculum offers:
- mastery of basic skills and an understanding of motor skills related to activities so that each individual can make positive decisions about physical activity choices
- experiences that encourage young adults to question, integrate, analyze, communicate and apply cognitive concepts about motor skill and exercise
- opportunities to improve social and cooperative skills, and gain a respect and appreciation for cultural diversity
- the use of fitness education and assessment using current technology to help students understand, enjoy, improve and/or maintain their physical health and well-being
- an environment where all students can be actively involved in a wide variety of activities.
If you use assistive technology and experience difficulty accessing the information below, please contact the Health & PE staff.